This privacy statement applies to our websites www.chickswhoridebikes.com and www.chickswhoridebikes.shop (the Websites), our application listed in the Apple Store and Google Play Store (the Application) and the services we provide.
If you are under 16 years of age you need prior permission of your parents or legal guardians to use the website or Application.
Why We Process Personal Data
TO PROVIDE OUR SERVICE
To start using the Websites or the Application, you need to sign up and create an account. In this step you provide us with information such as your name, email address and a profile picture. We use this personal data (account data) so that you can log in, to personalise the service and so that we know how to address you when we contact you.
When you connect a third party provider, like Strava, you allow us to retrieve and store information from their service on your behalf including your profile information on the third party service in order to fill and update your profile. You also allow us to process activity data from those third parties.
TO IMPROVE AND PROTECT OUR SERVICE
We process data on how you use our service such as the features you use, the actions you take and the time, frequency and duration of your usage. We also store non-personal data, such as: the type of your browser, the type of your computer and technical information on how you are reaching our website or app. This helps us to improve our service and to quickly detect crashes and bugs so that we can fix them.
TO CONTACT YOU
We use your information to communicate with you about our service (e.g.: when you’ve forgotten your password or when your video is ready), to help you use our service and to update you about our service and share other information we think you like. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us. You can manage your contact settings on your profile.
Collection of personal information
Personal information: The type of information we collect may include:
- contact details including email address, address or partial address, and telephone number;
- username and password;
- all content that you create, share, or post in audio, video, text, images, and other media or software files that you provide on or through the Services, or that are provided on your behalf, including information in or about the content you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created;
- information other people provide about you when using the Services, including when they send a message to you or upload information about you
- all communications with other users of the Services;
- billing or payment information;
- demographic information such as postcode;
- preferences and opinions; and
- any other information requested on this Site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
As with any social network, we recommend and encourage all members to think carefully about the information you disclose about yourself. We also do not recommend that you put email addresses, URLs, instant messaging details, phone numbers, full names or addresses, credit card details, national identity numbers, drivers’ licence details and other sensitive information which is open to abuse and misuse on your profile or shared through the CWRB messaging service.
When you post information about yourself or use the messaging function to communicate with other Users, the amount of personal information you share is at your own risk.
Profile Verification Information (Including Biometric Information)
For safety and security and to ensure you have the best possible user experience, we require Users to verify their accounts and ask for your phone number, email address and, importantly, we carry out photo verification. We want to make sure you are not a robot! And we also want to avoid fake CWRB accounts being created which can be used for malicious activities and cybercrime – they threaten the CWRB network and spoil things for everyone. This verification is required by us for the prevention of fraud.
To verify your profile photo, we will ask you to take a selfie copying a random pose generated by the avatar on the screen. We then use of facial recognition technology so that we can compare the photo you submit to your profile photo, to help ensure that you are who you say you are. We do not add the verification photos to your profile or retain them anywhere on our system - they are for verification purposes only.
Your use of our Site
As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Use Of Personal Information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping;
- for market research and business development including website development;
- for marketing including direct marketing;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you;
- to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you; and
- for data analytics purposes.
Disclosure Of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of providing information, products, services, or marketing to customers;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities where customers fail
- to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- to third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- to third parties collecting and processing data using Google Analytics. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible by law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
Your Rights And Controlling Your Personal Information
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us using the details below.
Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure.
Cookies & Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
For any questions or notice, please contact us at:
Chicks Who Ride Bikes Pty Ltd
ACN 608 542 258
80 Mary Street, Unley SA 5061
Phone: 0417 262 614
Last update: 23 July 2022